|Rating: 5.0 of 5.0||Serves: 1 – 2 Full Sandwiches Serves (1-2 Adults or 2-3 Littles)||Difficulty: EASY||Approx. cost: $5-25|
|Prep time: 5 min.||Cook time: 3-5 min. per side (depending on how grilled you prefer)||Additional time: None||Total time:|
Interesting Facts about Grilled Cheese
An all-time family favorite is the great American classic sandwich – Grilled Cheese and is always sure to please! The cheese, the bread, the butter all together is a perfect combination of dairy, protein, and carbs that was created just to make us HAPPY!
This simple sandwich has a dozen variations of not just how to cook it but what best to cook it with! Combination creations can be a plethora of gourmet cheeses, a variety of bread and even flavored butter for one to dare.
The best recipe for this delicious classic sandwich is the one that is so simple, fun and full of YUM! The most popular request is a traditional grilled cheese sandwich served with a tomato basil soup (to dip it in) and a salad of choice.
Grilled Cheese Recipe
- 5 tbsp. butter, softened and divided
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 c. shredded cheddar
- Spread about 1 tbsp butter on one side of each slice of bread. On the other side, top each slice of bread with about ½ cup of shredded or sliced cheddar.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter on a nonstick skillet over medium heat. When butter has melted, add the two slices of bread, with butter side down.
- Cook until bread is golden and cheese is beginning to melt, 2 minutes.
- Turn over one slice on top of the other slice and continue to cook 30 seconds. Next, flip like a pancake and repeat cooking for the other side 1-2 min and until golden brown.
*Do not burn! Repeat for the second sandwich, wiping the skillet clean if necessary.
image: Pixzolo Photography